Identify Your Coleman
What is this part??
Theory of Operation
Rebuild Single Mantle
Rebuild Double Mantle
Check Valve Removal
Get the hint?
You really need to pay attention to what you're doing!
There is something fundamentally wrong with having heat and an open flame so close to a flammable liquid. Apply common sense and use the appliance as intended.
Here is some safety information provided by The Coleman Company, Inc., and some additional things we've learned--the hard way.
1. Follow instructions and warnings to avoid possible injury or property damage.
2. Provide ample ventilation for persons and fuel burning appliances occupying the same enclosed area.
3. Never alter in any way or use with any device or part not expressly approved by Coleman.
4. Use the same care with Coleman fuel as you would with gasoline.
5. Store fuel in a clean, properly marked metal container away from flame (including pilot lights), other sources of ignition, or excessive heat.
6. Keep out of the reach of children.
7. Never use a fuel not intended for the appliance. Don't use kerosene in a gas lantern or visa-versa.
8 Never use a tank or fount that has had solder-repair or has any sort of structural defect. Using POR15 or anything else to seal a cracked lantern fount or stove tank is unacceptable.
9 Never start to unscrew the fuel cap while the appliance is burning or is too hot to touch.
10. Never place fuel containers near an appliance that is burning or too hot to touch. Keep your fuels a long ways away.
11. Never operate or work on an appliance without an approved fire extinguisher within arm's reach. Always know exactly where it is.
12. Do Not run a lamp or lantern with a hole in the mantle or mantles.
13. Tilt the lamp/lantern or stove tank about 30 degrees when depressurizing, fuel filler cap facing up. This will ensure that air is released, not a dangerous spray of fuel.
14. If you get fuel on your hands, wash them immediately.
15. Ensure that your appliance does not have any leaks before you attempt to light it.
16. Use the new 1-piece fuel caps when operating an appliance; 3-piece caps should only be used for display.
17. Look for unsafe conditions and correct them before there is an accident.
18. Wear eye protection when working on appliances.
19. THINK safety.